KS2 Comprehension 2: Year 4, Ages 8-9
by Celia Warren
(Based on 1 Review)
Suitable for: Key Stage 2 level for ages 7 to 11
ISBN: 9780721711553 | Pages: 39
Take a look inside...
Product description for parents
Key Stage 2 Comprehension provides a unique collection of differentiated and stimulating texts that appeal strongly to both boys and girls, together with questions that both build and stretch comprehension skills and widen vocabulary. Comprising four one-per-child activity books and providing more than 72 texts in total, the series encourages children to pay close attention to literal meaning, make inferences and deductions, observe how writing is structured and identify literary devices.
A separate Teacher's Guide containing sample answers, teaching notes and further activities is also available.
Book 2 is for children whose reading skills are fluent and accurate and includes:
- excellent examples of broadsheet journalism (such as a description of the celebrations following England's victory in the 1966 World Cup)
- an instructional text 'How to make a wormery' that children will love
- enthralling extracts from classic fiction -'The Adventures of Robin Hood' 'Treasure Island' and 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland' plus stories based on the 'Canterbury Tales' and Arthurian legend
- an intriguing playscript adapted from the Sherlock Holmes detective story
- thought-provoking poetry from Charles Causley/Walter de la Mare/Valerie Bloom/Edward Thomas.
Also in the KS2 Comprehension series
KS2 Comprehension 1: Year 3, Ages 7-8
KS2 Comprehension 3: Year 5, Ages 9-10
KS2 Comprehension 4: Year 6, Ages 10-11
KS2 Comprehension Teacher's Guide