KS2 Comprehension 3: Year 5, Ages 9-10
by Celia Warren
(Based on 1 Review)
Suitable for: Key Stage 2 level for ages 7 to 11
ISBN: 9780721711560 | Pages: 39
Take a look inside...
Product description for parents
Key Stage 2 Comprehension provides a unique collection of differentiated and stimulating texts that appeal strongly to both boys and girls, together with questions that both build and stretch comprehension skills and widen vocabulary. Comprising four one-per-child activity books and providing more than 72 texts in total, the series encourages children to pay close attention to literal meaning, make inferences and deductions, observe how writing is structured and identify literary devices.
A separate Teacher's Guide containing sample answers, teaching notes and further activities is also available.
Book 3 encourages children to move beyond simple understanding and recall to look for more complex meanings. It includes:
- adventure stories from Roald Dahl/Mark Twain/Anthony Buckeridge/Kenneth Grahame
- an inspiring biography of Falklands soldier Simon Weston
- further non-fiction from Jacqueline Wilson and Emmeline Pankhurst
- evocative poems from some of the best British poets (such as Lewis Carroll/Robert Browning/Gina Douthwaite/John Masefield/Adrian Mitchell/R.L. Stevenson)
- an appealing letter written by Stevenson as a teenager
- an introduction to the writing of J.R.R. Tolkien and William Shakespeare.
Mrs. V. L. Bing
Also in the KS2 Comprehension series
KS2 Comprehension 1: Year 3, Ages 7-8
KS2 Comprehension 2: Year 4, Ages 8-9
KS2 Comprehension 4: Year 6, Ages 10-11
KS2 Comprehension Teacher's Guide