KS2 Comprehension Teacher's Guide
by Celia Warren
(Based on 1 Review)
Suitable for: Key Stage 2 level for ages 7 to 11
ISBN: 9780721711584 | Pages: 68
Take a look inside...
Product description for parents
Key Stage 2 Comprehension provides a unique collection of differentiated and stimulating texts that appeal strongly to both boys and girls, together with questions that both build and stretch comprehension skills and widen vocabulary. Comprising four one-per-child activity books and providing more than 72 texts in total, the series encourages children to pay close attention to literal meaning, make inferences and deductions, observe how writing is structured and identify literary devices.
This Teacher's Guide provides you with all you need to use Key Stage 2 Comprehension to its full potential, including:
- full teaching notes for every text including an introduction and answers
- further activities which may be adapted for individual or group work
- at least one speaking and listening activity for each text
- cross-curricular contents charts which also indicate the level of each text
- a photocopiable group record sheet for each activity book
- a handy summary of the comprehension objectives listed in the National Curriculum.
To support teachers, parents and carers while schools are closed due to Covid-19, we have temporarily made the answers for the KS2 Comprehension series available to view online. You can access all the answers to KS2 Comprehension Books 1 to 4 using the pdf viewer below.
Also in the KS2 Comprehension series
KS2 Comprehension 1: Year 3, Ages 7-8
KS2 Comprehension 2: Year 4, Ages 8-9
KS2 Comprehension 3: Year 5, Ages 9-10
KS2 Comprehension 4: Year 6, Ages 10-11