Junior Desk Editor
Schofield & Sims is seeking an enthusiastic Junior Desk Editor to join their friendly, busy team in their central London office, where you will be working on educational resources for both the school and trade markets.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Editorial Assistant who is looking to take on more responsibility and be part of a growing team at a dynamic independent publisher.
The successful candidate will be well organised and self-motivated, with the ability to manage their time and work as part of a team. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, as is a keen eye for detail and a strong interest in children’s education.
The role offers fantastic opportunities to develop your editorial skills, as well as plenty of scope for progression.
Key responsibilities include:
- managing book projects from manuscript to publication, including liaising with authors and freelance editors and collating corrections
- briefing designers and illustrators to develop designs for book projects and covers
- writing back-cover copy and marketing copy
- conducting market research and arranging reviews of proposals and recent publications
- managing reprint corrections and helping with revisions to backlist titles
- creating downloadable resources to accompany new publications
- checking author contracts and clearing permissions
- carrying out general administrative duties, including ensuring that company systems are up-to-date and contain accurate and relevant information.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by Wednesday 31st of October 2018.
Schofield & Sims offers a number of marketing and editorial work experience placements throughout the year. To be considered for a work experience placement, please either post or e-mail your CV and a covering letter to:
Unit 11, The Piano Works
113-117 Farringdon Road
Please note that we can only accept applications from people aged 18 years and over.