Head of Marketing
Schofield & Sims is looking for an experienced and creative Head of Marketing to join their expanding London office. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Marketing will work closely with the sales and editorial teams to create a variety of eye-catching and impactful campaigns, utilising all elements of the marketing mix.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding communicator, with strong attention to detail, excellent organisational skills and a keen eye for design. You will ideally have direct experience promoting educational products and services and a proven track-record of campaign success, both online and offline. In return, we offer a unique opportunity to shape the marketing strategy in a leading, independent educational publisher and oversee a range of exciting new projects, including redesigning the website.
Key responsibilities include:
- planning and executing multi-channel marketing campaigns on time and to budget
- maintaining and developing the Company's website and blog
- managing the Company's email and social media marketing
- briefing high-quality and customer-focused creative content
- developing the Company’s relationships with trade organisations and teaching associations
- identifying promotional opportunities for authors
- supporting sales colleagues with exhibition and conference marketing
- collaborating with editorial on market research and product development
- hiring and managing a Marketing Executive.
Experience and skills required:
- proven marketing experience within educational publishing or the wider education industry
- good understanding of the UK early years and primary sectors
- knowledge of digital marketing, including SEO, analytics, web design, email, ppc and social media
- product management and brand development
- experience briefing and project managing external web and graphic designers
- excellent presentation and copywriting skills
- online community development and management experience
- strategic planning and analysis.
For the successful candidate, a very competitive salary is offered, together with the usual benefits. You will be based in our offices in central London but with the opportunity to work remotely for part of the week.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and salary expectations, with a covering letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 14th December. First round interviews will take place from the 4th January 2021.
Schofield & Sims offers a number of marketing and editorial work experience placements throughout the year. To be considered for a work experience placement, please either post or email your CV and a covering letter to:
Unit 11, The Piano Works
113-117 Farringdon Road
Please note that we can only accept applications from people aged 18 years and over.