KS2 Comprehension 1: Year 3, Ages 7-8
by Celia Warren
(Based on 2 Reviews)
Suitable for: Key Stage 2 level for ages 7 to 11
ISBN: 9780721711546 | Pages: 39
Take a look inside...
Product description for parents
Key Stage 2 Comprehension provides a unique collection of differentiated and stimulating texts that appeal strongly to both boys and girls, together with questions that both build and stretch comprehension skills and widen vocabulary. Comprising four one-per-child activity books and providing more than 72 texts in total, the series encourages children to pay close attention to literal meaning, make inferences and deductions, observe how writing is structured and identify literary devices.
A separate Teacher's Guide containing sample answers, teaching notes and further activities is also available.
Book 1 is ideal for children who are new to written comprehension and includes:
- simple contemporary texts with which they will readily identify
- gripping tales that span the centuries from Aesop to Charles Kingsley and E. Nesbit to Dick King Smith
- informative non-fiction reports covering diverse topics (for example the Viking history of York/the functions of different types of teeth/the life of Helen Keller)
- a charming playscript based on The Wizard of Oz
- memorable poems (some of them funny) from well-loved writers such as Hilaire Belloc/Dylan Thomas/Wendy Cope/Wes Magee.
Mrs V. L. Bing
Also in the KS2 Comprehension series
KS2 Comprehension 2: Year 4, Ages 8-9
KS2 Comprehension 3: Year 5, Ages 9-10
KS2 Comprehension 4: Year 6, Ages 10-11
KS2 Comprehension Teacher's Guide