Discover Complete Comprehension
Comprising six books of teacher's notes and photocopiable resources, Complete Comprehension is a whole-school programme designed to support children from their first steps in comprehension through to secure ownership and confident application of comprehension skills. Written by a team of expert authors, the series breaks down the complex process of reading comprehension into separate skills that closely match the curriculum requirements for Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2. Each teaching unit targets one comprehension skill, which is introduced through a modelling session and then practised using test-style questions.
Each Complete Comprehension resource includes:
- a Skills guide, providing in-depth explanations for each comprehension skill
- engaging text passages from a range of genres, including high-quality contemporary fiction
- a lesson plan for each unit, featuring a Language toolkit to support explicit vocabulary teaching
- extensive discussion and enrichment activities to build background knowledge
- photocopiable Target-skill questions and Mix it up! questions
- three informal assessment checks to help you monitor progress
- a range of online resources, including printable texts and modelling slides for each unit.