Handwriting Practice 1
(Based on 2 Reviews)
Suitable for: Key Stage 1 / Key Stage 2 level for ages 5 to 7
ISBN: 978 07217 1203 1 | Pages: 32
Take a look inside...
Product description for teachers and tutors
The Handwriting Practice books support literacy in schools by giving children practice in forming and joining letters, helping them to develop handwriting that is neat, fluent, legible and fast.
Fully compatible with any school handwriting scheme, Handwriting Practice works methodically through the different letters and joins, and features workbook style exercises for children to complete.
The simple format of the books makes them easily accessible, enabling all children to work independently - though support from an adult helper is always beneficial. FOCUS points at the foot of each page highlight key points for helpers to look out for.
Handwriting Practice 1 focuses on letter formation, with capital letters introduced in the middle section. Children are supported by:
- coloured dots and arrows indicating where to begin each letter and how to form the shape
- dotted lines to write over as they practice writing each letter
- lines on which the base of each letter is to rest
- guidelines indicating the height of the vertical stroke (on letters such as ‘f’)
- guidelines indicating the height of small letters (such as ‘c’ or ‘a’)
- guidelines indicating the length of the downward stroke (on letters such as ‘y’)
- real-life copying tasks which include writing notes/messages/an invitation.
Zoe Amber Feavearyear
Mr G Chang-Tave
Also in the Handwriting Practice series
Handwriting Practice 2
School Price: £3.00