Suitable for: Key Stage 1 / Key Stage 2 level for ages 5 to 9
ISBN: 978 07217 1141 6 | Pages: 224
Take a look inside...
Product description for teachers and tutors
All the Schofield & Sims dictionaries stand alone as excellent sources of reference. Supporting the aims of the National Curriculum, the dictionaries and word books widen children's vocabulary and improve their reading and writing skills. They have been carefully graded so that each builds on the earlier one - thus providing a natural progression.
The Schofield & Sims First Dictionary
- contains more than 5000 headwords - plus short forms/plurals/alternative verb forms/comparatives/superlatives
- gives help with some pronunciation
- features a special introduction for children 'What is a dictionary?'
- gives concise instructions on 'How to use this book'
- reinforces knowledge of the alphabet by providing an alphabet strip on each page
- includes clear guide words indicating the first and last headwords on each spread
- features separate lists of high frequency words (derived from Letters and Sounds) pronouns/opposites/synonyms/numbers
- provides additional lists of topic words on the themes school/places/travelling
- is supported by the First Dictionary & Thesaurus Activities (available separately).
There are no product reviews, why not be the first to write a review for this product?