Understanding Reasoning: Verbal Reasoning
(Based on 1 Review)
Suitable for: Key Stage 2 / Key Stage 3 level for ages 9 to 13
ISBN: 9780721712079 | Pages: 88
Take a look inside...
Product description for teachers and tutors
The Understanding Reasoning series helps pupils to understand and answer correctly reasoning questions, as found in the 11+, 12+, 13+ and other school selection tests.
The books provide concise explanations and examples of all the question types occurring in the 11+ together with practical workbook-style activities to consolidate learning. The step-by-step explanations are clear and include 'how to' instructions. Intensive practice enables pupils to gain confidence as they tackle each new question type. Correct answers are provided at the back of each book for quick and easy marking.
Verbal reasoning activities use letters and words to explore pupils' understanding of language and meaning. Using methods that are quite distinct from traditional literacy activities, pupils' verbal skills are stretched to the full.
Question types covered include the following:
- Alphabet and word patterns: letter sequences/codes; match the codes; make a word
- Vocabulary: synonyms; antonyms; analogies; odd ones out; word connections
- Spelling: missing letters; letter swaps; spot the word; compound words
- Mathematics: number sequences/connections; letters for numbers; missing numbers
- Problem solving: date; time; position; sorting information.
Mrs S. S. Elliot
Also in the Understanding Reasoning series
Understanding Reasoning: Non-verbal Reasoning
School Price: £7.00