Understanding Science: Light, Sound & Space
Suitable for: Key Stage 2 level for ages 7 to 11
ISBN: 9780721712901 | Pages: 36
Take a look inside...
Product description for parents
Understanding Science is a series of topic-based study books for children in Key Stage 2, providing comprehensive coverage of key subject areas. Each topic contains a concise summary of the information required by the National Curriculum, together with structured practice. Each book is a stand-alone resource, so children can either work through them in order or focus on individual aspects of the subject. Together, the six books support the whole of the Key Stage 2 science curriculum, including scientific investigation, providing a solid foundation for success in science.
Light, Sound & Space meets the National Curriculum requirements for Key Stage 2 science, and covers the following areas: light and sound travel, reflection, shadows, vibration, noise, pitch, volume, the Earth, Sun, Moon and solar system. The book also explains the importance of light and sound and the ways in which they can be changed.
Key features of Understanding Science include:
- an ‘Explanation’ to introduce each topic
- activities to consolidate and revise knowledge and skills
- thought-provoking facts to foster a love of learning beyond the National Curriculum
- a ‘Scientific investigation’ table to identify and encourage scientific questioning opportunities across the series
- a combined ‘Index and glossary’ to define key terms introduced in the text.
All six books contain answers at the back.
There are no product reviews, why not be the first to write a review for this product?
Also in the Understanding Science series
Understanding Science: Animals & Plants
Understanding Science: Changing Materials
Understanding Science: Forces & Electricity
Understanding Science: Our Bodies
Understanding Science: Using Materials